Fort Worth, Texas – Rescue and cleanup efforts have been in Fort Worth for more than 24 hours after a fatal chain crash that occurred Thursday morning in Fort Worth . Authorities said that for now, the stretch of toll road 35 will remain closed.
The catastrophe began at 6 a.m. in the toll lane of Highway 35 West near downtown Fort Worth and lasted for half a mile.
More than 30 emergency vehicles arrived at the scene to assist the victims. In total so far they have confirmed the names of five of the 6 fatalities. 36 people were transported to the hospital in serious condition but their health status is unknown to this day. This crash involved 135 vehicles an accident that authorities describe as ” something catastrophic in the city ”
Several public buses served to keep the victims heated, authorities confirmed.
The disputed state Ramón Romero Jr. stated that the accident could have been avoided.
“I immediately began to work with the known officers of the fire department and the police department and what they are seeing now is serious, it is serious, because as they say this could be avoided. Avoided why? Because you see the evidence that the expensive ones did not have the ability to stop ”.
Fort Worth City Mayor Betsy Price said Fort Worth’s streets and highways will continue to be treated with sand and salt.
The company in charge of that stretch of toll road assured that it had been given the required maintenance since Tuesday, but according to the city police chief they continue to investigate.
The police chief wants you to share video of the accident with them. Call (817)392-4222.