in

Mother of a young man murdered in San Antonio asks that the alleged perpetrator be processed as an adult

Mother of young man murdered in San Antonio asks that the alleged perpetrator be processed as an adult
Mother of young man murdered in San Antonio asks that the alleged perpetrator be processed as an adult

San Antonio, Texas – One month after the disappearance and death of Sebastián Eduardo Vásquez Carpio, his family is crying out for justice and asking to know the reasons why their son was murdered.

Ana Carpio, mother of the 17-year-old boy found dead in the trunk of a burned-out car, said in written statements to Media that she still does not know why her son was killed and asks the courts to prosecute the minor suspect as an adult to kill his son.

“These days have been very difficult for me and I have not yet processed that my son is not alive. Today, a month ago they found the burned body of my son Sebastián inside a vehicle. I am still waiting for answers why motive or reason they committed that heinous crime against my son, “Carpio said in written statements.

On October 1, a 17-year-old young man turned himself into the police for being related to the disappearance and death of Sebastián. The authorities have not revealed more information about the case because it is a minor involved in the case.

However, the victim’s mother wants the suspect to be processed as an adult in court and assured that he would not rest until he got it.

“I am still pending the case and I will not rest until that minor they have detained is tried as an adult and they arrest all the others involved. He, like those who were involved, have to pay for the crime committed against my son Sebastián “, he assured.

Although the district attorney, Joe González, said that he was going to try to have him prosecuted as an adult, one of the factors that Sebastián’s mother also claims, local authorities have not revealed any details about the case.

But an expert attorney consulted by Media shed some light on what the suspect in the murder of Sebastián Eduardo could expect.

First, the Bexar County prosecutor’s office will have to analyze the evidence to see if they can sustain the murder charge against the minor despite the fact that he said it is related to the crime that was committed against Sebastián Eduardo, says lawyer Nico Lahood.

“We know there was a crime, but how the body got there. Was it capital murder or what exactly happened? That will be determined in the investigation,” said the expert.

According to LaHood, if tried as a minor, he would face a maximum sentence of 40 years, but there are still many factors to consider at trial.

However, if prosecuted as an adult, the story may be different. However, if he is charged with capital murder, he will not be sentenced to death if found guilty.

They ask for the support of the community

Although Sebastián’s mother said she was not prepared to speak on cameras, she informed this medium that she was asking for the support of the community to obtain justice for her son.

“I continue to ask for the support of the community and representatives of our city to join my fight to obtain justice for Sebastián. My son is not alive to give his version of events, but he has me to advocate for him and get justice, ” Carpio wrote by text message.

On October 5, the young man who was disappeared in San Antonio and whose body was found inside a charred car in the city was buried. But earlier, on the 1st of the same month, another minor turned himself into the San Antonio Police for being related to the crime that shocked San Antonio.

Sebastián Eduardo was reported missing on September 19, 2020. On September 20, the body was found in the trunk of a burned-out vehicle on Duarte Street in Bexar County.

Several witnesses had pointed out that Sebastián had been seen for the last time at the home of a classmate from his school, where his bicycle was found along with several bloodstains.

What do you think?

Written by Editorial Staff

Comments

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Loading…

Loading…

0
They seek the person responsible for giving two shots to a 3-year-old boy in Philadelphia

They seek the person responsible for giving two shots to a 3-year-old boy in Philadelphia

They are looking for suspects in three armed robberies in Mesquite

They are looking for suspects in three armed robberies in Mesquite