WWE sent an official statement to the Pro Wrestling Sheet on the night of Saturday to Sunday. This press release indicates that talent from the company, visible on the screen but not part of the roster, has tested positive for COVID-19.
WWE does not specify the name of the employee concerned, but is reassuring and says that he is feeling better and is already on his feet. The employee was allegedly infected after the Wrestlemania tapes, March 26, after having had dinner with two people working in the medical field.
The statement also said that the employee had no contact with anyone in WWE after being exposed to the two previously named individuals. WWE says the risk of contamination from other employees is extremely small.
According to Pro Wrestling Sheet and PWInsider, the employee was placed in quarantine at the onset of the first symptoms and obviously did not work on the Smackdown and 205 Live recordings earlier this week.