They were already washed, peeled and split in half, so I was not correct to throw them away.
After a long talk with my grandmother about spices and recipes, she taught me how to keep white potatoes fresh and in good condition longer.
Take note and don’t miss this tip!
You will need to:
* Airtight bag
* Napkins or paper towels
How is it done?
If the potatoes are already clean and you have cut some in half …
1. The first thing you should do is Dry them very well to avoid keeping moisture in them.
2. Place inside the airtight bags a pair of paper towels and go putting the potatoes.
3. Close the bags and store the potatoes in the pantry.
It is super important that you keep them in a fresh and dry place, since of keeping them in a humid place these could form outbreaks.
The ideal temperature is seven to 11 degrees.
In case you plan to use the potatoes a day or two later, we recommend that you dip them in COLD water with a few ice cubes.
Store them in the pot with LID or in an airtight bag, REMOVE WATER AND ICE.
If the potatoes have not been washed, cut or used ideally will be store potatoes in boxes, inside these place paper and store your potatoes, I assure you they will be in perfect condition.
* Never store potatoes in the freezer, since it will change its flavor and lose the starch, causing them to taste sweeter.
* If we keep them in hot places we could generate that they form sprouts.
* Too much light or direct light will make your potatoes black and small.
Tell me what method do you use to store the potatoes and keep them in perfect condition for longer.