We have the latest data thanks to John Hopkins University on the coronavirus in the world. This is the number of those infected by the disease, which has reached 350,536. There are already 15,328 people dead across the planet.
At the moment, most infections have been registered in China, with 81,496. Closely followed by Italy, with 59,138, the United States, with 35,225, Spain, with 33,089 and Germany, with 26,220.
This Monday, the director of the World Health Organization Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus stated the following:
“The pandemic is accelerating. It took 67 days from the first reported case to reach 100,000; 11 days for the second 100,000 cases, and only 4 days for the third 100,000. ”
You can check here the data on the evolution of the pandemic Worldwide.
Balance of the coronavirus in the world
- Italy: 601 new deceased, bringing the number to 6,077.
- Spain: 3,445 deaths in total and 47,611 positive cases.
- Netherlands: 34 people died and 6,438 infected.
- Iran: 2,077 deceased and 27,017 infected.
- NY: the number of cases increased overnight by 38%. There are more than 20,000 infected.
- Russia: 71 new cases, the total number is 658.
- Ecuador: 1,173 infected with 28 deaths.
- Panama: 5 new deceased with 443 cases of infection.
- Colombia: confirmed the fourth death, 470 are infected.
- Chile: 114 new cases of coronavirus. They are 1,142 in total.
- Cuba: 5 new confirmed cases, increasing the number to 57.
- Argentina: The first case detected by community transmission. The total number of infections: 387.
- Peru: 480 confirmed cases. The capital has 307 positives.
- Brazil: 57 dead from disease. 2,433 infections.
Strong impact on the economy
As the coronavirus spreads throughout the world, European stock markets have started the week following that downtrend. The British FTSE index, the German DAX and the French CAC have tumbled close to 5 percent.
The Dow Jones has lost 849.28 points, standing at 18,324.70 points. The S&P, 500 and Nasdaq, meanwhile, have fallen more than 4 and 2 percent respectively.
The currency of MexicoThe Mexican peso has plummeted to a record low of 24.96 per dollar.
Measures being carried out
Russia It has already announced that the development of its coronavirus vaccine has completed the first phase.
In New Zealand, Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern is preparing citizens for isolation. It has already announced the closure of the country for at least four weeks.
The US Federal Reserve has announced unprecedented measures. They seek to overcome the enormous economic disruptions that the pandemic is causing.
So much Uruguay as Brazil borders has closed. This started on Sunday and will last 30 days.
Boris Johnson, the British Prime Minister has already ordered strict restrictions regarding the movement of people. He also noted that people should stay home. They can only go out to buy food, work, seek health care or exercise.