Learning English for free will be easier with this guide that we have prepared so you can master the language of Shakespeare without spending money. For this, here we have made a selection of the best free English courses, videos, YouTube channels, applications to learn English for free and other interesting resources.
Knowing English is one of the great goals to be met by many of us. Whether for work (most job offers request knowledge of English, here you can see the most outstanding languages to work ), whether to travel the world (an international language to communicate in other countries), to study in the foreigner (fundamental requirement of most scholarships) that is for whatever reason.
Therefore, if you are interested in improving your level of English, here you will find the best resources to learn English for free online. A selection that we have made carefully to choose the best resources to learn English for free.
Not only will you find the typical English courses in which you have to follow a book, but there are also many different learning models.
If you want to learn English for free, you must be aware that it is not an easy task, but it is not impossible, everything is to put on. To do this, you must use the methods proposed here, be persuasive with your learning and set your goals. If you practice a little every day, after a month, look back and see how you have improved your level.
Logically everyone has to do their part, work and practice with these materials, you will see how you are moving forward. On the internet there are many resources to learn English, you just have to know how to manage and take advantage of them.
Web portals, resources, and courses to learn English for free
Here you will find a selection of resources to learn free English, web portals, courses from universities and other entities… In addition, we will be adding more information to the article with new content.
- ABAenglish – An online teaching platform in continuous innovation, both through the incorporation of new learning methods and the introduction of multiple improvements to facilitate the student experience. On this platform, you will find a Free plan in which we find 144 free videos explained by native teachers and English grammar courses.
- The English blog – It is the blog that offers resources, reviews, news, tips and trivia for learners and teachers of English.
- Basic English Course – For those who want to learn Basic English online, in 40 hours course, you will know the Basic English.
- Ebooks – Here you will find a large selection of ebooks in English.
- Memrisa – Free online platform that allows the user to learn and practice English in a practical and simple way, making use of the imagination.
Applications to learn English for free
With the Smartphone or tablet always in your hand, why not use it to learn English, download one of the many applications to learn English and take it with you anywhere. Now learning English is not going to be because you don’t carry it in your pocket.
- Busuu – It is an application with which you can learn English for free. More than 150 learning units that cover various areas of knowledge, as well as grammar units with the most important grammar points. All units include images and sound.
- Duolingo – It is another application to learn English for free.
- Google Store – Here you will find a large number of free mobile applications that you can install on your phone or tablet to learn wherever you go.
Learn English for free with Radio
Another option that we find when learning English is radio. With this, we are “making the ear” to the language. We can use them while we go to work, to the beach, to go for a walk or to play sports… we have moments to listen to the radio in English.
Listening to the radio in English you will learn
- Daily vocabulary that does not appear in books, applications, or courses.
- Varied accents.
- News from any city in the world.
- It is natural learning. While you listen and inform yourself with humor programs, news, music… you will be learning.
- You will learn even with the ads!
– Do not get frustrated at the beginning, it is normal that you do not understand everything that is said.
– Try to mentally translate what you hear.
– When you listen to the radio in English, try it while your mind is more receptive (while you walk, do sports, go to work, in the car …).
Where to listen to the radio to learn English for free
The BBC is one of the best radio stations to learn English. You can listen to the radio online or download the podcasts. There are several strings that you can listen to:
- BBC Radio – Known worldwide, it has a wide range of radio channels, divided into themes and geographical regions. Also from the website, you can listen to previous recordings on programs of any subject.
- BBC Radio 5
- BBC World Service News
Other radio stations in English that you can listen to are:
- London heart – London radio that offers music of all styles and periods.
- Dublin’s 98FM – One of the coolest radios in the Irish capital aimed at young people where there are music, humor, entertainment, and other programs.
- 3CR – Australian Melbourne Radio.
- NewsTalkRadio 77 or WABC of New York.
- ABC Radio – One of the most listened to stations in the United States. It offers varied content.
Series, movies, programs, documentaries… To learn English
Another of the best methods to learn the language is television, movies, programs that we often watch on our screen.
Imagine if you had watched all the television programs in English since childhood. This happens in many countries. From an early age, they are watching the drawings, films, and series in English learning the language in the simplest and most natural way. If you choose this method, if you do not have many levels, it is recommended to see cartoons or audiovisual content that does not have a very complicated vocabulary.
Netflix, for example, gives us the possibility of choosing a large number of famous movies and series to watch them in English with subtitles. There are many more web portals of this type. In this same case, Amazon Prime also gives you the option to watch series and movies in English.
Learn English for free through the Chats
A person seeks to learn English and another language, they agree on a chat and usually meet to carry out conversations in different languages.
It is used a lot and you can find them in:
- Itaki – An online language learning service, where you can find the best language teachers from around the world. It is the fastest and most comfortable way to speak a foreign language fluently.
- Verbling – Like the previous ones, you can contact people to improve your language.
Practicing what has been learned is essential, in addition, you let go of speaking in English and you take away the shame that we often have to speak in another language.
Therefore, you can sign up for some of the free language exchange website and start practicing the language you are studying for great results.
Learn English for free with the Youtubers
There are many YouTube channels dedicated to language learning. This is just a sample, but there are many more. Here is a list with some of the main British Youtubers:
- Charlie McDonnell (charlieissocoollike)
- Caspar Lee
- Jim Champman
- Tanya Burr
- Zoe Sugg (Zoella)
- Alfie Deyes
- Louise Pentland
- Phil Lester (Amazing Phil)